Basic Hunting (Whitetail & Large Game) Friday Sept 9th 9am-3PM
- Are you interested in learning to hunt deer, elk, coyotes, etc? Are you interesting learning how to set up and prepare for real and ethical hunting situations? Do you want to learn key, real world safety, marksmanship and positional shooting skills from career instructors, hunting guides and/or top instructors from PNTC? If so, this is your chance!
- We’ll start in the classroom and learn the key techniques needed to succeed in hunting! We’ll then move to the range and natural terrain areas to conduct live fire hunting scenarios and learn field craft! THIS IS NOT A LONG RANGE SHOOTING SCHOOL! In this course, we will teach you how to shoot effectively on the range AND how to shoot successfully in the woods out to 150 yards, from real world hunting positions. THIS IS NOT A SQUARE RANGE CLASS!
- We’ll also help you better understand:
- – Rifle Marksmanship
- – Vital hunting, firearms safety and best practices
- – Rifle and ammo selection for hunting
- – Hunting gear basics
- – Hunting license basics
- – Hunting set-up technique/s
- – Positional shooting techniques
- – Camo & concealment techniques
- – Field craft
- – Game sign
- – Locating game
- – Game identification
- – Tracking basics
- – Game prep basics
- In this class, you”ll use your rifle and ammo — we’ll have the additional supporting gear to help.
Prerequisite: By registering for this course student accepts all of the following:
All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful purposes, only
Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry-out training and or live fire
Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms in the United States.
Student must also accept that this course will not cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
– $200 Members
– $225 Non-Members
– Training Members $0
Equipment and Ammo Requirements
Bolt Action or semi automatic rifle with optics.
Minimum of 60 rounds of a hunting type ammunition that safely fits your rifle. Please have your rifle zero’d at 50 or 100 yards.
– NO CARTRIDGES OVER 30 Cal.
– Eye & hearing protection
Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
Peacemaker Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. Peacemaker also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior, with or without refund based on Peacemaker’s sole determination.