Kestrel Class at Peacemaker – 9/26/20
The Kestrel Class at Peacemaker is a complete, one day, how to class using the Kestrel 5700 wind & weather meter with ballistics & your rifle!
We’ll cover everything from initial Kestrel setup to ballistics software use & proper calibration. You will spend time in the classroom & on the range with Kestrel experts guiding you every step of the way!
This is a great opportunity to intimately understand the power of the Kestrel and become a much better Long Range Shooter!
– 7:45AM BE SURE YOU ARE ZERO’d. If you’re not sure about your zero arrive SHARP by 7:45AM, and our instructors will be there to help you with your zero.
9 AM-11 AM Classroom discuss on basics and setup of the Kestrel 5700 unit to include software updating, profile building, importing and exporting profile and weather features.
11 AM-1 PM Range time using profile built to confirm drop and wind calculations.
1 PM- 2 PM Brief break and Q&A about advanced features and functions.
2 PM – 4 PM Range time performing MV calibrations and reconfirming data.
- Bipod, rear bag and shooting mat if shooting prone
- Front rest and rear bag if shooting from bench
- Spotting scope
- Additional rifles to build and true profiles
- Scoped Precision Rifle capable of 1 MOA accuracy zeroed at 100 yards
- Exposed turrets in Mils or MOA for dialing elevation and windage
- 100 rds match grade ammo with velocity and bullet type
- Kestrel 5700 unit
- Note taking materials
- Latest firmware updated into Kestrel (If you have trouble doing this please arrive at 8 AM)
- If you don’t have a Kestrel no problem, you can learn from the PNTC Kestrels.
By registering for this course student accepts all of the following;
All students agree that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes only
Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry out training and or live fire
Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms under the United States Constitution. By registering for this and or any PNTC event, training class, competition and or range time,
I fully understand the PNTC has a no refund policy and agree to these terms. I also understand that in the event of my removal from this course for ANY REASON, that NO REFUNDS are given. I further agree that I will not attempt a chargeback through my credit card company or through PayPal or Stripe or by any other means. Moreover, PNTC may at its sole determination grant a partial or full credit for extreme hardship.
Student must also accept that this course will cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
Equipment and Ammo Requirements
Bolt Action or we built semi automatic rifle with optics capable of dialing. A minimum of 60 rounds of match grade factory or properly reloaded ammunition. Please have your rifle zero’d your rifle at 100 yards.
NO CARTRIDGES OVER 30 Cal.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY NOT SURE THAT YOUR FIREARM, OPTIC OR AMMO ARE NOT SUITABLE OR PREPARED FOR THIS COURSE YOU ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO RENT A PNTC RIFLE SYSTEM (RIFLE, AMMO & OPTIC)! YOU WILL GET A GREAT DEAL OUT OF THE CLASS ON ONE OF OUR RIFLE SYSTEMS. YOU CAN SELECT THIS OPTION BELOW WHEN PAYMENT IS COLLECTED.
1) Please also bring a bipod, rear bag, eye & hearing protection.
2) If you have a spotting scope on a tripod please bring it with you.
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.