Kestrel School Sunday, June 12th 9AM-3PM
The Kestrel Class at Peacemaker is a complete, one day, “how to” class, using the Kestrel 5700 wind & weather meter with ballistics and your rifle!
We’ll cover everything from initial Kestrel setup to ballistics software use and proper calibration. You will spend time in the classroom and on the range with Kestrel experts guiding you every step of the way!
This is a great opportunity to intimately understand the power of the Kestrel and become a much better Long Range Shooter!
PNTC MEMBERS $225
PNTC Training Members $0
7:45 am BE SURE YOU ARE ZERO’d. If your not sure about your zero, arrive SHARP at 7:45am and our instructors will be there to help you with your zero
9 am-11 am Classroom discuss on basics and setup of the Kestrel 5700 unit to include software updating, profile building, importing and exporting profile and weather features
11 am-1 pm Range time using profile built to confirm drop and wind calculations
1 pm- 2 pm Brief break and Q&A about advanced features and functions
2 pm- 4 pm Range time performing MV calibrations and reconfirming data
- Bipod, rear bag and shooting mat, if shooting prone
- Front rest and rear bag, if shooting from bench
- Spotting scope
- Additional rifles to build and true profiles
- Scoped precision rifle, capable of 1 MOA accuracy, zeroed at 100 yards
- Exposed turrets in Mils or MOA for dialing elevation and windage
- 100 rounds match grade ammo with velocity and bullet type
- Kestrel 5700 unit
- Note taking materials
- Latest firmware updated into Kestrel (If you have trouble doing this, please arrive at 8 am)
By registering for this course, student accepts all of the following:
Student agrees that all information taught will be used for lawful defensive or lawful recreational purposes, only
Student accepts that upon enrolling, PNTC reserves the right to remove students without refund for unsafe, rude or unusual behavior, or in the event that students are unable to reasonably carry-out training and or live fire
Student confirms that they are not a convicted felon and are lawfully permitted to use and own legal firearms in the United States.
Student must also accept that this course will cover basic rifle marksmanship skills
Equipment and Ammo Requirements
Bolt Action or well built semi automatic rifle with optics capable of dialing. A minimum of 60 rounds of match grade factory or properly reloaded ammunition. Please have your rifle zero’d at 100 yards.
NO CARTRIDGES OVER 30 Cal.
1) Please bring a bipod, rear bag, eye & hearing protection
2) If you have a spotting scope on a tripod, please bring it with you.
- Please ensure that your firearm is UNLOADED and cased prior to arriving at PNTC. Please leave your training firearm cased and in your vehicle upon arrival. We will tell you when it’s time to get your firearm.
- Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room.
PNTC Staff/Instructors reserve the right to the determination of the successful or unsuccessful completion of the course of the individual student based on, but not limited to, safety, attitude and/or overall skill development. PNTC also reserves the right to remove any student for any safety purposes, or highly unusual or disruptive behavior, with or without refund based on PNTC’s sole determination.
Student Quote: “I have not felt this confident taking long range shots like this in years. So excited about this year’s hunting opportunities” – Richard D.